Sunday, August 26, 2012

DIY Flower Crowns


Every girl deserves some sort of crown. This easy-to-make flower crown makes me want to dig my toes into a sandy beach or frolic through the streets of San Francisco. If you have an hour to spare and $12 in your pocket, you can easily make a headpiece similar to this one that I created. 

STEP 1: Get the supplies. I got all of the supplies above from a Michael's craft store. Pick out some of your favorite flower combos, get some floral wire, and some floral tape. The total amount came to $12. 

STEP 2: Cut the flowers off the stems. Measure the wire around your head so you can comfortably tie it together. 

STEP 3: Add each flower on individually and wrap the floral tape around the stem in order to connect it to the wire. Continue this until the wire is filled up. Don't forget to add as many flowers as you want! 




Then, enjoy your flower crown! Ps. Yes, I did cut off 5 inches of my hair and went for a darker colored Ombre. If anyone is looking for an AMAZING hair stylist, go to Salon Avanti in Stockton and ask for Danica. She works wonders. Happy Sunday! 

Love, Kate

4 comments:

  1. I love all your blogs, Kate! Your posts are beyond inspirational. I just bought a headband similar to the one you featured in, "Polka Dot Hits the Spot"! Keep up the posts & love the new hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! This comment just made my night :) I am glad you like the posts! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Adele! I will check out your blog :)

    ReplyDelete