Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Little Slice of Heaven in Midtown: HEART Boutique









          My first assignment for my internship as a writer for Sacramento Fashion Week was to interview a boutique owner, so of course my mind went straight to my favorite little slice of heaven in Midtown Sacramento-- HEART. I got to chat with owner, Vanessa Lopez, about the latest fall trends and how her boutique plays a role in Sacramento's fashion industry.

Love, Kate: What inspired you to open up a boutique?
Vanessa Lopez: I was always into fashion and had worked in retail and other boutiques for a number of years. When one boutique closed, I missed being around it so I opened my own.  I have a passion for working with local people. 

LK: What audience does Heart cater towards?
VL: Trendy females who are ahead of the curve. Our age range usually is 19-35 years old. 

LK: What are your favorite upcoming fall trends?
VL: Embellishment and Green military jackets are always a staple.

LK: Do you think Sacramento can ever compete with bigger cities and be known as a "fashion capital"?
VL: Sacramento has smaller numbers than bigger cities but I think we can. There are very fashionable people living in Sacramento.

LK: How would you describe Sacramento's fashion "style"?
VL: Casual Cool.

LK: How does Heart contribute to Sacramento's growing fashion industry?
VL: By providing new fashion trends at affordable prices.

If you are ever looking for a trendy outfit to wear or a chic piece to update your closet with, Heart is the first place that should be on your list. You can find it at 1903 Capital Avenue in Midtown Sacramento.


Love, Kate 


2 comments:

  1. Love, Kate is officially my new favorite fashion blog!! My grandparents live in El Dorado Hills and now I have the perfect excuse to visit your boutique recommendation, Kate! Thank you for always providing us readers the best fashion advice & can't wait to visit Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to know about boutiques in Sacramento to get some cute new fashion looks!! I will definitely be checking this out. Love, Kate is such a great blog to look at for the upcoming fashion styles! Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete